Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Laurie Hutzler Script Consultation

I just came off a consult with Laurie Hutzler on my Stars and Stripes script.

It was already good, but with the changes (so small yet so poignant) I have in mind, it'll be much, much better. There was an issue of making the protagonist more layered, which she helped me work out as we talked. Awesome process.

I'll look forward to sharpening the script, probably next winter since I have some fiction and film stories in the hopper to work on first.

The burdens a writer bears... :-)

I hope this script and my Chinese Joan of Arc tale will still do well in this year's contests, though. I'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Boris--

Great to talk to you as always. Enjoyed all three reads.

Laurie

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Boris