Saturday, November 25, 2006

GREGORY FROST CRIT

Today I got a crit from Greg Frost on a short short story of mine.

My story's called "The Automatic Pen" in which a genius inventor builds a wormhole to contact aliens and seek their help with fixing another invention of his, the automatic pen.

I wrote it as a short tall tale set in the present written a la some classic American southern writers like Mark Twain and O. Henry.

My experiment didn't appeal to Greg Frost.

Nichevo.

It was good practice, though.

To paraphrase someone whose name I forget: "One has to dare to be bad."

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Now that you have these critiques of your story, what do you plan to do with it? Because I would much enjoy reading it if I could.

Also, great blog you have here! :D

namd3r.com

Boris Layupan said...

Hi there,

Thanks for asking about the story.

It has bugs as is. If I play with it some more, I'll have to make a lot of changes.

I'll see how I feel about it down the road.

Boris