Tuesday, November 14, 2006

SIT REP

Hey all,

I've been busy with a major work project, but it's done now. :-)

I can concentrate on a few more things, like maybe a flick review or two.

I did manage to finish a rewrite of a space opera short story that I'm prepping for WOTF. I'll likely rewrite it yet again though...

The previous draft was 5500 words. Thanks to comments I got from James Patrick Kelly, I threw out the original set up and middle, but kept the end. The current draft is 9400 words.

Damn.

The longest short story I've written in a lil' while. I wasn't going for that length, but that's where the new premise went.

And I also changed the title from "Honor and Justice" to "The Way of the Peacemaker."

I'll be curious to hear the thoughts of the next person who comments on this before I send it off to WOTF. :-)

I'm also waiting for a crit on a comic SF tale of mine by author Gregory Frost. An online interview of him is available here.

And I'll get back to work on some scripts now.

No comments: