Saturday, April 28, 2007

Laurie Hutzler Script Consultation/Possible 1st Film Break?

Today I had a phone consult with Laurie Hutzler, the sixth I've had in about 3 years, the first I've had since starting this blog.

It was top notch as usual.

Laurie went over my Chinese Joan of Arc epic "Heaven's Mandate" and my rom com "Twice In A Lifetime."

I'll be restructuring both fairly heavily and taking them up another notch. I expect to get back to those next year, though, since I'm currently working on fiction and have other scripts to work on after that.

Laurie also mentioned that she knows someone who is starting up a production company in China and would be a likely person to send the rewrite of "Heaven's Mandate" to--provided it's up to par. She also knows someone who could help me translate the script to Chinese. :-)

When this script is ready, hopefully "Crouching Tiger" director Ang Lee will get attached and "Crouching Tiger" heroine Zhang Ziyi will be signed to played the heroine. :-)

I'll also look forward to sending my rom com out when it's ready.

I get the feeling something good started today.

Thanks Laurie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Boris--

Great to talk to you as always and really enjoyed both projects.

Thanks for the mention.

Always a pleasure to read your material! All the Best, Laurie

Boris Layupan said...

I'm glad you liked what you read.

And you've given me some good ideas for the next drafts.

Boris

Anonymous said...

Great! Pure motivation! Good luck with the rewrite and the script's future. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Sounds very interesting. Mulan all grown up! Good luck with it.


Oz

Anonymous said...

Very Cool! Keep us posted on developments.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Boris. The script sounds quite fascinating.

Maggie

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks everyone.

This could take a few years, but it's a start. =)