Monday, June 18, 2007

Sit Rep

Let's see...

I've recently finished writing the latest draft of my "The Way of the Peacemaker" short SF story for WOTF.

Woohoo!

It's 7900 words. I feel pretty good about this draft. I've sent it to Critters for critiquing and to Walter Jon Williams as the first story of mine to be read at my upcoming Taos workshop.

I'd also received a summons to report for jury selection on 7-13-07 for possible jury duty during the week of 7-16-07. Thing is the Taos workshop runs from 7-8-07 to 7-21-07.

So I faxed a letter explaining my situation and got in touch with the judge's clerk this morning. I've been rescheduled for either September or October.

Huzzah!

And I'm also coming up on the 3rd week of a 6 week course on how to create my own film production company. Very illuminating.

It's fun to see how one can begin to assemble the pieces of one's own fiction/film corporate entity devoted to one's own material.

Time to go back to the grind now.

No comments: