Sunday, January 21, 2007

JEANNE CAVELOS CRIT

Today I received a crit from Jeanne Cavelos, my first pro fiction mentor on my story "The Way of the Peacemaker" (formerly "Honor and Justice").

Jeanne's crit was an unexpected bonus.

After being sundered from the Odyssey fold for the last few years, I joined the Odfellow discussion group for the first time late last year. Then I signed up for my third stint on the Odfellow critique group a few weeks ago when Jeanne sent a missive saying that the group needs new blood and she'll be participating. I couldn't sign up soon enough, and I submitted my space opera tale, which I'm prepping for the Writers of the Future SF/F Contest (WOTF).

"The Way of the Peacemaker" is about a galactic guardian in the future who learns the true cost of his oath to protect the innocent. The guardian comes from a line of samurai sworn to protect the innocent of the ages.

I've written a film script based in this Peacemaker universe, but before I market the script, I thought I'd establish the series in fiction and comics first. "The Way of the Peacemaker" is the pilot story. Hopefully, it'll launch in WOTF.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boris,

I'm glad my comments were helpful.

Good luck with WOTF!

Best,

Jeanne

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks for dissecting my opus inside and out.