Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sit Rep

Today, I mailed out my "Ra-Gho-Zu" SF story to the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest (WOTF).

Woohoo!

Rewriting this story has been an odyssey that's taking a lot longer than I expected. I've lost count of how many times I've rewritten this story on and off. It's way different from how it first started. Good thing I believed in it because it never occurred to me to quit.

Three people who independently took an interest above and beyond in my story among the many who read different drafts were Scott Andrews (Odyssey alum and fellow Taos chum), Oz (Clarion alum and fellow Taos chum), and Larry Hodges (Odyssey alum and Critters chum).

Thanks guys! You all helped point out bugs that I missed because I'd gotten too close to the story.

I don't know what'll happen when the WOTF readers make their decisions, but this story is stronger than the submission of mine that placed in the 2006 first quarter quarter-finals. I'm looking forward to seeing what'll happen.

Now I'm going to put my screenwriting hat back on to tackle script rewrites for five screenplays. Ugh. It must be done before I move ahead with more scripts I wanna write.

Later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks for the thought.

I'll need every bit I can get.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on putting in the work, and best of luck with WOTF.

And my sympathies on having FIVE screenplays to rewrite! Yikes.

Boris Layupan said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the scripts, I gotta do what I gotta do.

Good luck with your own tales.