Sunday, July 15, 2007

2007 PAGE Screenwriting Contest Quarterfinalist

I just got the news that my "Stars and Stripes Forever," made it into the quarterfinals of this year's PAGE contest.

I was told that 3,411 entries were received. My script made it into the top 25% (a total of 872 scripts). Because so many excellent historical epics and biopics were entered, the contest created a new Historical category; so my story is entered as both a Drama and Historical script.

It's an American "Master & Commander" tale about a real-life navy lieutenant who struggles to destroy an American frigate captured by pirates before it's used against the United States.

Incidentally, I wrote the first draft of this script in a Winter 2005 UCLA screenwriting class under Jack Sowards.

Thanks Jack.

Semifinalists will be announced on July 30.

I've also entered a bunch of other contests. I'll look forward to the reports. :-)

Boris

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boris, that's wonderful.

I'm so pleased for you.
Michele

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks Michele

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Boris. Good luck! It's a really good project.

Laurie

Boris Layupan said...

I'm glad you liked the story. Hopefully the judges will too come the Semifinalist announcement. :-)

Boris

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Congrats and best of luck, Boris!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Boris. This is very good news. Keep us posted!



Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Boris:

Congrats.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Boris!! That's just wonderful!!

Lew

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks everyone!