Friday, July 20, 2007

Day 13

The final day of crits.

I got up early, exercised, ate breakfast, then went to the crit session.

We had only 3 stories. The sessions went well around lunch.

Walter and Connie then talked about a few things like getting close to our characters, cultivating our story ideas, the good fiction conventions to go to, and how not to act around editors and agents.

I sent Walter my evaluation of the workshop.

I'm going to pack this afternoon since I'll be heading to Albuquerque airport at 5 A. Ugh.

Too bad the Snow Bear Inn proprietors neglected to make the laundry available despite being asked and left messages.

Two people have left already.

We hung out for a few hours, then headed to a nearby Bavarian restaurant. I got a chicken and vegetable dish. We all chatted about writing, WW II, and other miscellania.

When we gathered to leave, Walter's car battery died. We all pitched in to jump start his car, then got back to the inn. There we all said our final good byes.

Ciao.

No comments: