Monday, July 09, 2007

Day 2


Got up early, critted 3 stories, got some toast with jam, and showed up for an 11 A lecture on plot.

Connie and Walter brought up some good plot structures, many of which I'd heard elsewhere. The talk lasted for maybe 40-50 minutes. We then critted the 3 stories, with 5 minute breaks in between and a 15 minute lunch.

We wrapped up around 4 P. The people in the group offered the best comments they could, pointing out bugs and offering suggestions. Walter & Connie capped each round, each talking at length. The three writers seemed to come away satisfied. No one left crying.

I'm coming up tomorrow. I'll be curious to see how the session goes.

I'm getting used to the...unique layout of my half of the room I'm staying in: a bathroom light that has to be flipped down to turn on, a light switch by my faucet that turns on nothing I can see, a light down the hallway that turns on the faucet light, etc.

I just got a key for my room, but the TV in my half has no antenna or satellite box--not that I have time for it any way.

I did some active stuff to get my endorphins going, then chowed down on burned lasagna, rock hard garlic bread, and salad. I indulged in a little ice cream and soft drink, but I'll cut it out now.

Connie showed us excerpts of "Throw Momma From The Train," pointing out all the (slightly) exaggerated writer bits.

Now I have to crit 3 of 4 stories. The fourth's mine, so I'm off the hook there.

Later.

No comments: