Wednesday, July 11, 2007

DAY 4

Got up again and did my 3 crits. I was told that there was some rock blasting by a construction crew that happened to pick this week to come. I slept through it. Word is, the Snow Bear Inn proprietors told 'em to come back another week. We'll see.

Today's talk was about "irony" and how it's present in the best stories, whether fiction or film. Interesting.

After the crits, we had a breakdown of Samuel Delaney's "Nova" novella. Technically, it was written well and economically, though it wasn't in my taste. Generation thing, I suppose.

I've got 4 stories to crit for tomorrow. I hope to do at least one tonight and I have to start brainstorming on my 2nd week story. No movie night tonight. :-)

I suggested, and Walter seconded that the group go see the new Harry Potter movie. We set Sunday afternoon as the prospective day. I can hardly wait.

It was sunny earliery today, but we got a few scattered rain storms, so it's cloudy. That's not necessarily too bad since we have to watch out for UV rays in the mountains. The Snow Bear Inn is almost at 10,000 feet. I forgot to say that it hailed yesterday. All the snow is gone today.

Oh, this is also the final week for my film production class. I got the final lecture and articles. No assignments. Woohoo! Just final questions for the teachers on anything about the film biz. Now if I could only find time to read the material...

Later.

No comments: