Monday, July 30, 2007

PAGE AWARDS 2007 SEMIFINALIST

Hey all,

I just learned that my "Stars and Stripes Forever" script advanced to the semifinals in the "Historical Film" category for the PAGE 2007 Awards.

Finalists will be announced on 8-30-07 and winners will be announced on 9-15-07.

I don't know how to feel at this point. I wonder if semifinalists will get script read requests from production companies, agents, etc?

I'll learn soon enough.

On the flip side "Stars" didn't make it to the quarterfinals of Blue Cat, Scriptapalooza, & Nicholls. I'd subbed "Heaven's Mandate" to Scriptapalooza & Nicholls also, but it didn't make the cut neither.

Interesting to see how different contests have different responses.

Shigata ga nai.

"It can't be helped" as a Japanese saying goes.

Must get on with my fiction now.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Germany--

Congrats Boris! It is always good to progress. You're building a reputation of quality entries.

Laurie

Boris Layupan said...

I'm trying.

Thanks for your help.

Haben Sie Spaß in Deutschland.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Boris:

You should feel great about this.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the script contest, and good luck in the next round!

-Larry Hodges

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Boris. Best of luck in the finals.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congrats, Boris..

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, Boris! Feel great about it and enjoy the moment!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in both endeavors!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Yay, very cool!

Anonymous said...

That's great Boris, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Boris!

Rebecca S.

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Hopefully, I'll get good news come the Finals.

I wonder which deities I should make offerings to?

Boris

Anonymous said...

> I wonder which deities I should make offerings to?


if i knew, i'd be right there making offerings with you!

best of luck in the finals,

Scott Andrews

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Boris! And good luck.

Chris

Anonymous said...

I think that's the news you got while we were at Taos? Hope it goes to the next round.

Oz

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Boris. Best of luck in getting into the Winners circle.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Boris! Best of luck to you!

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks everyone.

Anonymous said...

Boris

Congratulations! You should feel ... good. You worked hard on a script and people are taking notice of your talent. If you're a semi-finalist it means you are at least on the path.

Kris

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they call for semi finalists. More often not. Either way, continued good luck. LH

Boris Layupan said...

Thanks for your support, everyone.