Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 8

Got up today.

Exercised, got some pancakes from Oz, Traci, & Kim, and did laundry.

We had a temporary electric shortage for 40 minutes. No biggie. Happens from time to time on the mountain, mostly during rain, snow, etc. It's been clear all day, though.

I went to Taos to with Walter, his wife, Connie, and just two other workshop people to catch a 12:30 P showing of the latest Harry Potter.

Can't go into detail for a review. It was OK. Pretty dark. But Ron & Hermione didn't have a lot to do in this film. I also had the feeling this was just a transitional film. Nothing much going on to forward the main storyline of the impending confrontation between Harry and Voldemort.

The book was compressed well enough into a 2.5 hour film, but some important stuff was cut, which would've explained why certain characters did this or that and what a portal or other object was. This was a bit more dependent than the other films on people having read the book beforehand.

It was still worth seeing once. I'll be curious to catch the next installment.

Afterwards, we went to a local pizza joint. Most of the rest got a huge pizza slice. I tried a calzone. It was OK, but had too much ricotta cheese for my liking.

I've been back at the Snow Bear Inn, taking care of chores, like a synopsis for an existing novel, which would be used to sell it. Then a case of fatigue hit. Guess I'll read the 3 stories Monday morning.

Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boris: I enjoyed reading about your first week at Taos Toolbox since I'm considering applying.

~Bama Sue

Boris Layupan said...

Glad you like.

No complaints here.